Sunday, January 8, 2012

Im installing a car battery and every time I plug it in the car alarm goes off?

I have a 98 Nissan Frontier, no power locks, and i dont know how to turn off the dang alarm when Im installing the battery. I didnt even know I had an alarm! Any suggestions? Icant drive the car until I figure out how to get this alarm off.|||Try using the key to unlock the drivers door while the alarm is going off. That is how I manually disarm the alarm in my Sentra.|||That's normal - the alarm comes up active, otherwise thieves could steal the car by momentarily disconnecting the battery.





Check the owner's manual to find out how to reset the alarm. Normally it is by unlocking the car with the remote, although sometimes it is lock, then unlock - or even odder methods.|||the alarm is supposed to be connected to the battery, so it shouldn't be going off. so that means you need to kill the power source for the alarm or provide more details .. Switching a battery is simple, if the alarm is being a problem, pull the fuse for it|||the alarm has to be reprogrammed see if you can find the fuse for the alarm and pull it out it will cut tthe alarm off so you can drive your car.|||Check the owners manual on how to disarm the alarm or changing the battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment