Thursday, January 19, 2012

How long would a car battery last if you run the air conditioner?

I was just curious as today I was stopped on the highway for an hour. Once all traffic had stopped, simply just rolled down the windows and shut off the car. Now I wonder if I had shut off the car (to save gas), how long would the battery last if I used the AC. I just want a general guess on the time. I have a stock 2006 Ford focus sedan.How long would a car battery last if you run the air conditioner?
The blower motor does not take 20 amps to run it only takes a few amps tops unless it has something wrong with it.



Now that being said the air conditioner will not work without the car running, the blower will blow air but it will not be cold, the compressor has to be turning to give you cold air, and to have it turning the engine has to be running.



The fan will work for several hours if the battery is good but I wouldn't chance it what if the battery is a little weak and the car ends up dead in traffic not good my friend.How long would a car battery last if you run the air conditioner?
the blower motor takes about 20 amps to run. If you can find the amp/hour rating for your battery, you can do the math. 1 amp/hour means the battery can put out 1 amp for 1 hour.How long would a car battery last if you run the air conditioner?
the AC won't cool without the car running so it serves no porpoise to run the AC

No comments:

Post a Comment