Thursday, January 19, 2012

How long will a car battery last when the car is not running?

I'm going to a festival and will be using a phone charger and hair straighteners that plug into the cigarette lighter.



I'm slightly concerned that I'll run the battery down. I'll be using the hair straighteners only for about 10 minutes a day and will charge the phone once.



Do I need to worry? My car is a Nissan Almera, if that makes any difference.How long will a car battery last when the car is not running?
cold weather is the killer of batteries/what you are doing will not hurt it at all/the outside heat will keep it okayHow long will a car battery last when the car is not running?
It depends on the type of battery you have in your vehicle. Many of the car batteries they sell on the market are questionable at best. I say that because none of them allow you to leave the car parked for not much more than a couple of weeks before it dies, and often it dies to the point that it will never recharge to its original strength. That's why, whenever I have to replace one of my batteries, I buy the deep cycle battery, one that will fit in the same pocket under the hood. Deep cycle batteries are those batteries they use for boats and tractors. These are vehicles that sit sometimes for months and can still be started, plus they can take all kinds of abuse because they are built tougher.How long will a car battery last when the car is not running?
That depends on the A/H rating of the battery in your car. Run the car at least once a day for half an hour to prevent the battery from getting to low.
  • shop bop
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment