Thursday, January 19, 2012

Is it safe to leave a car battery on a 10 amp charger after it has reached its maximum capacity?

I bought a new battery for a car, and then I moved to another country for a year. Now I'm back and I'm trying to see if the battery is salvageable. I'm reading its going to take many more hours than normal dead battery circumstances to put a descent charge on it. I'm wondering if I can just forget about it for a day and not worry about causing a fire in the garage. I have a 10 amp charger.Is it safe to leave a car battery on a 10 amp charger after it has reached its maximum capacity?
No, it's not safe at all, overcharging a lead acid battery presents all kind of dangers, once the battery has reached maximum capacity a trickle charger should be used, less then 1amp.Is it safe to leave a car battery on a 10 amp charger after it has reached its maximum capacity?
it will be safe. make sure however, that the area is well ventilated.Is it safe to leave a car battery on a 10 amp charger after it has reached its maximum capacity?
2 amp would be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment