Thursday, January 19, 2012

What is the most common cause of a car battery discharge warning light?

I own a '99 Toyota Camry. On my way to work yesterday, my battery discharge warning light suddenly came on...My air condition light started blinking, and I turned the AC off. I immediately drive back home, and borrowed my fiancee's car.



I know that there are several different possibilities, but what is the MOST COMMON cause of a battery discharge light? I can still turn on the ignition and run the engine, but the light remains.



I just want to arm myself with some information before making the trek to the repair shop.



Thanks.What is the most common cause of a car battery discharge warning light?
alternater going out or the belt that runs it may be loose( i.e. tensioner loose or broken)
A broken fan belt, causing the alternator not to function, thus discharging the battery.What is the most common cause of a car battery discharge warning light?
It is usually the alternator when that happens.
Could be a bad alternator.What is the most common cause of a car battery discharge warning light?
sounds like your altenator. Do NOT drive the car because you will get stuck!
Most likely either your alternator is dying or a coil is going berzerk. That's what happened alot for me, and then without any kind of warning, my car died and there was no way to get it started again. My best bet for you is have your alternator checked right away. Any good mechanic with an Ohlmeter can test it for you.
Alternator going bad. If it is 90 degrees where you live your battery may be failing.
Bad ground. have you made sure you have a good connection or that the cable is not corroded

No comments:

Post a Comment