Sunday, January 8, 2012

How can I replace a car battery without losing my radio?

I have a Ford Mondeo Mk2. I need a new car battery but I don't have the code for my car radio. Can a battery be installed without me losing the power to the radio? Or can I get a code from somewhere? I don't have the radio or car handbook by the way.|||Just try this..





This used to work for old fashioned or simple cars.





Get the engine running, then replace the battery.


Technically, batteries are just needed to get the starter going, the engine turning. Once the plugs are firing and alternator being pulled by the engine, the battery's role becomes back up just in case the alternator fails.|||Your local auto parts store should have a "computer memory saver". This is just a device that plugs into the cigarette lighter, and takes a 9v battery. When the car battery is disconnected, the 9v battery keeps a small amount of power going to the vehicle computer systems and radio. You'll want to make sure you don't have any doors open while changing the battery, and if there's a light under the hood, it should be disabled--the memory saver can't handle the current requirements of a dome light or under-hood light.|||Remove the radio from the dashboard.





Then post the SERIAL NUMBER found on a label on the casing





It normally begins with M * * * * * *|||Change your battery, slip the radio forward then mail me the serial number off the side , begins with an M and I will send you the code. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment