Thursday, January 12, 2012

How would I wire a car battery to power appliances and lights?

I want to use a wind generator type of thing and have the car battery be the storage cell. How would I wire this to power a few lights or appliances?How would I wire a car battery to power appliances and lights?
HI

as stated above you would have to get an inverter to change the power from DC to AC as house current is AC (alternating current) and Cars are DC (Direct current) or change you few lights and appliances to DC power.

good luck

tim
You add a inverter.....see the link.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_inver鈥?/a>How would I wire a car battery to power appliances and lights?
Car battery would not be the correct choice. A deep cycle battery would be.



Your question cannot really be answered without knowing the other elements of your system, you offer no info on the output of the wind turbine. Nor would a small battery offer enough storage capacity to do the job effectively.
You can buy an inverter at Bestbuy.

I have one to run my sump pump during power failures.How would I wire a car battery to power appliances and lights?
first you have to find da white fuzz hurr.... and den take a pull
I would advise to go to your local Batteries Plus store ( http://www.batteriesplus.com ). I'm sure they have everything in store to help you do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment