Sunday, January 8, 2012

How long should a car battery last with the stereo on?

I'm looking for a ballpark figure, nothing exact. I'm wondering approximately how long I can have my car stereo on with my engine off without draining the battery down too far.





I have an aftermarket CD player which is 17 watts RMS per channel (45 maximum). I don't have any amplifiers or subwoofers hooked up.|||I *believe* it would be many hours, 12 or maybe even 24 hours if the battery is good. I once left an eight track playing in my VW from Friday at 4pm nonstop until Monday 8am! And the battery still started the engine!





The problem comes from having the ignition actually on, rather than on accessories. In the on or run position, other electrical circuits are energized and draw current as well, thus, causing a greater drain on the battery.





Good luck!|||Hello friends





for more information realted to "car stereo", you can check this webiste


http://www.soundandalarm.com/car-stereos.asp

Report Abuse


|||i would not play it more then 2 or 3 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment